i think mil is jealous of me

i honestly think my mil is jealous of me. If me and dh go to dinner she wanted to go or if we go on a vacation she will invite herself. She even told dh one time to leave me that iam a bad wife and mom. She also told him if he didnt leave me he could just not speak to her nomore. Does anyone else have a mil like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine likes to involve herself, but she doesn't meddle. She is just a lonely widow. She respects our relationship and doesn't involve herself in how we parent our kids...it sounds like yours is crossing a major boundary.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• No. Mine is great. Does your husband stand up to his Mama on your behalf?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• When I said she involves herself I just meant wants to come with us to do everything...she's lonely. Its annoying, but I mean, what else does she have going on and she's a great lady so its one of the things we just roll our eyes and deal with. Your MIL is doing far more than that though!!! And that is where she is crossing the line.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• OMG mine is horrible I get at least 3 texts a week saying SLUT BITCH WHORE leave my son he is to good for you and I have never done anything but give her money buy her and her other kids food and let her youngest live with us so go figure she has major problems!!! Your not alone if you ever wanna talk just message me!!!!
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Though she has gotten better, my MIL used to put me through hell. Sometimes it gets better and sometimes they never change. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My MIL is nosey and babies her son far more than I have time for - so I know she thinks I should wait on him hand and foot - but she's not rude or over the top with things. All and all I guess I'm pretty lucky with the MIL I have.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 4:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Mothers expect wives to treat their sons the way they would treat them. And when the wife doesn't the mother doesn't think she is good enough for her son. She is usually right.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oooh, one day my SO and I brought his mother out to dinner (my idea!) and while we were eating she proceeded to tell me how she didn't think that anyone would ever be good enough for her sons, including me. How peeved was I? Oh boy. I treat him like a king and am working my butt off to make our life, and especially our DDs life, as good as I can. Oh she irks me haha. Good luck with her darlin!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009