I`m late 24 days...

My period is late 24 days and I think I might be expecting. Even though I tide my tubes 9 month ago ( with the clips). I did a home p test and it was negative but that was almost 3 weeks ago.
Could I still be pregnant????

sandratorres

Asked by sandratorres at 12:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• take another one if unsure
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yes, instead of wasting your money on a home pregnancy test...call the doctor tomorrow and make an appointment for a blood test to confirm if you're pregnant or not.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Its not likely but, yes, you could still be pregnant. There are very few 100% ways to prevent pregnancy & although steralization is pertty close to it, it too can fail - especially if performed during a c-section...

If you took the HPT 3 weeks ago its time enough to do another one.

You should also be aware that periods can be late or missing for a number of reasons (even in women that are usually regular) & for the most part doctors arent usually concerned as it all comes under the umbrella of 'normal'. Stress, your weight, alcohol consumption, medication etc can all alter the monthly cycle.
    sarahjoyce

Answer by sarahjoyce at 5:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• go to the doctor babe, they will tell you for sure.
    4weeman

Answer by 4weeman at 12:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with greekmama28 100%
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I am in a similar situation, only, my husband had a vasectomy. I called the dr for a blood test and was told that the HPT is very accurate. Iasked for a blood test and I was told the nurse will call me back. I think this is really weird, and I haven't had a period since Oct 13, but a pink spotting on the 10th of Dec. Good luck to you.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009