Anyone else?

How do you get your ex to just leave you alone and get it threw their heads that it's over?!? I told him to his face, I told him in multiple ways... he just doesn't get that I'm dead serious. I know we can't really go our seperate ways because we have a kid together... but is there a way to just get him to leave ME alone. He stops by unannounced to my house at 8pm or later, and I told him to stop doing it. I mean I'm trying to get the baby to sleep and he drops by and starts talking like we are still together. I'm not really sure how many more ways I can say it.. I tried the nice way, didn't work, I even told him in a not so nice way. I know I'm probably just venting but seriously... any advice from girls that have been there.. NO BASHING... and please no comments about how your SO is perfect... I need advice, not pity.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• b4 jumping the gun by getting a restraining order...u need 2 have a 1on1 heart to heart talk with him...tell him that this behavior is making u uncomfortable,and let him know that u are at ur wits end with this.if u have any brothers, uncles, cousins, or somebody that may be able to scare his a-- is a plus, as well.but if u feel that he is the stalkerish type then maybe u need to have to threaten him with the law, or such. i have had boyfriendslike that in the past, but at the same time i have had 4 older brothers that had my back.... wish u luck though.......Spicy
    spicymama.sc

Answer by spicymama.sc at 12:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• get a restraining order...then, he'll get it.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Restraining order.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yup restraining order, or maybe just tell him that if he doesn't back off thats your next move.....I had an ex like this and he didn't get it until he saw me with a new guy
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• to be honest I've told him to back off a few times.. it's not to the point of needed a restraining order, or that I fear for my life. (been there did that with another ex bf, but at least him and I didn't have kids).. but I have a daughter with this guy... and I'm kinda stuck
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It doesn't sound serious enough to me to get a restraining order, they guy is just taking her for granted that she'll let him in. To the original poster just don't open the door when he comes by or tell him in advance that you're going to sleep early cuz of kids. Did you try counselling with him - maybe he's woken up and misses you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't care if he misses me, he was a jerk to date, and took me for granted too long, and I had it, that's why I left, and moved out, he just doesn't understand that I've changed and am over him, and I don't want to be used or manipulated ever again. I tryed telling him in advance, but maybe I should make sure everyone locks the doors (live with family, they open it up most of the time) after a reasonable time.. like 7 or 8.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2009