old flame!

a old boy friend found me on myspace and started senting me messages. i told him that i would talk to him but we could just be friend and just talk online. but now he is wanting me to meet up with him. i'm married now but i don't think he can accept that. i think that he knows he made a mistake in brakeing up with me. i have seen his mom in town and from the way she talks he hasn't been doing to go in the past three years sence we split up she said he talks about me all the time. i don't know wht to do he is a great guy and i was falling in love with him when he dumped me. but when he did i moved on and found someone new and started a life and family with him (the new guy). should i be talkin to my ex? is it ok as long as i keep the friends only relationship?

annamiller06

Asked by annamiller06 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• In any relationship, when you have different expectation, it is only a recipe for disaster. Your ex is talking to you in hopes of getting back with you. You, however, want only frendship. If you continue, he might think you are leading him on; plus you risk the fact of upsetting your current SO. Facts: He was your ex for a reason. Whatever the reason was, he was the one who dumped you. You have someone now, who not only stuck by you, but has a family with you. My advice: tell your ex to get over it. The decisions we make shape our lives. Make yours carefuly.
    denswife

Answer by denswife at 2:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Not if hes talking to you like that if he cant understand your just friends then he wont be able to ever accept it because he wants what he cant have I have the same problem with one of my exes and he actually told my fiancee to his face and got punched for it, its just trouble.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 12:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I learned that the hard way too. I dont think that you can ever just be friends. Sorry. I got hurt by that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Nope, if he's not in it just to be friends then there is no reason you should be talking to him. Is your family worth it?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2009