my baby is almost 3 months, wearing clothing 6-9 months now, what is the next size that I will need to get, and how does it work?

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 12 months.. is next, my son is 6 months and in 12 month clothes.. he's a very long little guy... when he was born he was in 3-6 month clothes..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Buying clothes for babies is all about trial and error. It all depends on where you buy the clothes and who makes them. There is no universal sizing. My six month old is wearing some things that say 3-6 months, some 6-9 months, and even has an outfit that says it's 0-3 months, but just now fits him. You just have to shop around. I pretty much ignore the size on the label. I'm pretty good at being able to tell what will or will not fit him.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• my son is 4 almost five months old but has been in 6-9 months for a while its normal just keep movin on up and buying your baby whatever fits try to go a lil big though that way you can get more use outta them
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• the next size you will need once your baby grows out of the 6-9 is 9-12.. try checking the tags to see if they list the size by weight as well (clothes for babies make to sense to me the way they design and determine sizes, lol) my daughters a year old and is wearing 18 or 24 month clothes. IDK. but anyways... once they grow out of 9-12 you get 12-18 or 18months, then 24 months.. then 2 T and on up.... be careful on pants... the legs are longer than most children when they are little.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 12 month is for 9-12 month...then 18 month is from 12-18 months, 24 month is from 18-24 months and after that, from what I assume 2T is roughly what they wear for age 2, 3T is roughly what they wear at age 3...etc. Of course it sounds like yours isn't following the guides...lol. But once you get to 18 month size, clothes should start lasting you a little longer. And the weight gain will stop soon too...every baby is different, but usually when they start walking the weight gain seriously tapers off and they start thinning out and growing more slowly.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yaa be carefull with pants..just because theyre that age, theyre probably still gonna be to big...my daughter was always pretty much right on with the shirt sizes..but not pants..shes 4 now, almost 5..and she still has some size 2 shorts that fit her pefectly fine..but yet some pants that she wears are a size 7..go figure...lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Not all sizes fit the same. I say it depends too, on how you prefer the clothes to fit your baby. My son will be 5 months this week and he is a big guy for his age. He pretty much skipped the 6-9 month sizes and only wears some of the 9-12 month clothes. The majority of what he wears now is 12 months because it seems to give him enough room to be comfortable. Some kids are built long and thin, or short and thick or whatever, and like my son, hes got a long torso, shorter legs and is very broad shouldered. Its just a matter of literally, shopping around. Good luck.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You've got all great advice here. Just an FYI - they have these elastic snaps, I can't remember what they are called, that you snapped to the bottom of the onesies to make them longer, which can increase the amount of time you can hang on to shirts while baby is growing by the day, unless they are to tight in the upper body. my daugher was thin, but radically long (watch out WNBA) which put us two sizes up at all times, and she would be swimming in shirts in the upper torso. We used these length increasers and they worked like a charm, allowing us to buy clothes in her age/size.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 12:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009