Drug test......

I'm in the process of looking for a job.. the only drugs I take are Xanax and Zanaflex now and then for anxiety, but it's not prescribed to me. Will they look for this on a drug test? Will they ask for a prescription if they find it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think so. It would be very expensive if they had to check for every drug, legal and illegal. I think you are golden. If they do find it-just tell them you are on RX's for anxiety. i don't think they will ask you to prove it. Both of those drugs are common:) Good luck with the job hunt:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• They will NOT look for it on a drug test. Most tests are a five panel drug test only looking for opiates and street drugs.

Any other drug test to determine exact drugs in your system takes weeks to get results and costs a fortune. They are also rather rare.

You are fine! No worries :) Also when you do the drug test, they can only test for what is ordered and you will see the order before the test.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I worked at a mental health/drug counseling ctr. On the drug test forms I filled out the lab tested only for what was marked- and it was usually for the presence of alcohol or 'street drugs' /opiates. they did not test for regular Rx medication (unless the person had a history of Rx abuse and it was marked on the form).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My sil just recently lost her newly offered job because of xanax in her system. Depends on what level of drug screen they are running. If they test for benzos, yes it will show up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Depends on the panel they are running. 5 panel only tests for amphetimines, thc, cocaine, opiates, and pcp. 10 panel also tests for Benzodiazipines (the xanax would test positive for this), pain killers, cns depressents, and other prescription pills. However, rx meds don't stay long in your system. Stop taking them now if your serious about a job. You never know what kind of drug panel they will run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2009