food addict

ever since i had my daughter*about 1 year ago* ive started eating way more then normal. at christmas with everyone making cookies and candy i ate alot of it. and then my mother and me made a new years resalution to eat healthier. so we ate all the junk food in our house within a week. and now it being the 5th, im craving junk food all the time. it seems like im always hungry.

what do i do?

xxmissrainbow

Asked by xxmissrainbow at 1:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Junk food is self serving. The high fat and high carbs give a little pleasure and make you feel ok for about 20 minutes and then you need another fix again. The problem is that junk food causes a spike in insulin followed by a dip. Insulin helps to tell the body when sugar is out of the blood and it's ok to eat more!

I found I was using junk food to fill an empty void which I thought was hunger. I think it was mainly stress caused by lack of proper sleep and constantly worrying about my baby. I think I was using junk food to help cope with stress, but it made things worse not better.

I switched to eating broccoli with a hummus dip - the dip made it seem like it was junk food! I found that the combination filled me up when I felt I needed something to fill the void. The good thing was that these foods didn't contain as many calories as the cheese, so I managed to stop gaining weight.
    JoGoldsmith

Answer by JoGoldsmith at 6:30 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't know. Give me a holler when you find the answer to this question lol! I went out and bought a bunch of diet food last week and ate it all!!! You are not alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The key is moderation. Don't cut out junk food completely all at once. That is just setting yourself up for failure. Just keep a little bit in the house. This way if you eat it all, you don't have anymore on had and you'll have to go to the store to buy more. Most of the time, I'm too busy to just drop everything and go to the store. After awhile you wont think about it as much. I hope this was a little helpful. It's just one of the tricks I used and it worked for me.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• im dieting and having the same problem its mostly eating because your bored right? well you can do other things to occupy you like excersise and green tea helps control your appitite
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 3:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• im going through the same thing .you are not alone girl!
    momma2shane

Answer by momma2shane at 10:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Jogoldsmith- what kind of Hummus..I tried to ake it one time and wasn't a fan, but I have more garbanzo beans and would love to find a recipe I like.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• roasted red pepper is my favorite hummus! with homemade pita chips, yummm
    learae

Answer by learae at 9:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Its not REAL hunger and this is something you have to learn to distinguish between (real hunger and craving). Real hunger is patient - craving needs instant gratification.

I eat a lot more now (I am still nursing my son though). I drink green smoothies and eat plenty of fruit - this really curbs any cravings I have for junk food. So what I would suggest is eat as much fruit as you desire before meals and either drink green smoothies or have a large green salad a day.

Being aware of your cravings is a first step - if you give in try to notice how that craving made you feel before, during and after.

Try distracting yourself from it also.

http://www.yourfatfreedom.com
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009