new relationship

My ex husband is obsessed in finding out info on my new boyfriend. I have been dating this guy for over 8 monhts and my ex thinks that we were seeing each other during the separation before the divorce. I am getting ready to move to another town to get away from my ex showing up on my doorstep constantly. My daughter knows about my boyfriend but my 11 year old son does not. How do I introduce them without my ex stepping in and ruining the relationship?

kiwi0613

Asked by kiwi0613 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Thats a hard one. Kids will automactically be on the defense when it comes to someone talking your husbands place. Introduce in a public place and make it short and sweet at first. Gradually hold outings with the other person and kids. That way its not a all of the sudden, hey here is the new man in my life kinda thing. Make sure he is someone you are thinking will be in the picture for a while, you dont want to have alot of different men coming around. It just confuses the kids.
    Its none of your ex's biusness who you are dating and what you are doing. Tell him straight up.
    kimsamomof3

Answer by kimsamomof3 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2008