I have a daughter who is about to turn 3 and I want more kids, but my husband says he doesn't want one. What do I do I really want another one?

lzyd

Asked by lzyd at 1:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Did yall not talk about this kind of stuff before yall got married?
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My husband before we got married knew I wanted kids. After marriage I found out what a controlling bastard he is. Talk is cheap. Actions of respect last. Does your husband participate in the upbringing of your one child or leave her all to you? How was he during your pregnancy? How are your finances? How's your sex life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If he would not object, I would say try counseling. What are his reasons for not wanting another one? Is he a good father to the one you have? Maybe he is thinking of the financial aspect, or maybe that he won't have enough time for 2, or that it will be much more work. Talk it through with him, his reasons and all. And also what would be your reasons for wanting another kid? You would have to be ready to talk to him about that too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• had you talked about how many children before marriage? Did someone change their mind? If so, do you know why?

It could be he's concerned that he won't be able to support another mouth to feed. It's a legitimate concern these days. Talk with him about the reasons why. You may not be able to change his mind, but at least you'll understand.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• sorry don't no how to add to question? But ya we both wanted more than 1 child when we were dating. When I was prego he was kinda drunk all the time and never home. When she was born it was worse I took care of her all by myself he lost his job and we had money problems so we moved in with family and he got us kicked out of every place possible. But we are living with my father at the moment because my mother is a whore and left my dad to sleep with the town . and my dad said we can stay forever . he hates being alone. so im helping him get back to life. And my husband doesnt really want to leave we have plenty of money for a house but he just doesnt want to leave. I asked him why he doesnt want more kids and he said he has 1 wild and perfect kid why more.
    lzyd

Answer by lzyd at 1:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It is his decision too.

Before another baby, I would suggest counseling.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2009