Does Anyone have suggestions/tips for keeping all of your kids 'stuff' organized?

There has to be a better way!! What have you found helpful in keeping toys, barbies, trucks, art supplies, etc in their respective places?? Thanks!

AbiMack

Asked by AbiMack at 9:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I struggle with this constantly!!!! I don't know what their called exactly, but one thing I've found that's been cute and functional I found at my Meijer store by the hat boxes. We use the hat boxes and they have some little suitcase like ones which we use for webkinz and horses.... they are portable, can be stacked and look nice.
    ldtchr

Answer by ldtchr at 9:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I am in the same boat. Everytime I organize it never stays the same. SO I have just satrted to put all toys in those big bins you get at any store. It keeps all the toys out of the floor and the kids can pick their toys up without it being a hassle. I dont seperate toys into catogories ( I used to) b/c I found out it doesn't stay that way. LOL11
    kimsamomof3

Answer by kimsamomof3 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I have a few book shelves,a shelf with colored plastic boxes in it, and some big baskets to help organize the toys. Now if I could just get my kids to put things back in them every time. I got the shelf with plastic boxes at Target. We have cars in one box, blocks in another, little character toys in one, and so on. We have a huge basket for Barbies & Bratz dolls. I put their games, puzzles, and other larger toys on the book shelves. I also have clear plastic shoe boxes for their play makeup and art supplies.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I bought a cubby shelf from Target for around $40. You can even buy cloth drawers to go in them so things look tidy even when whats in them is not. I suggest doing that. Then if you feel like labeling the cubby drawers with pictures for younger kids. That will help when your kids are trying to "clean sweep" play areas. Cleanup will be alot simpler because they will know where things are supposed to go. That is half the battle. I have found when kids dont know where things go, things are cluttered. Kids dont know how to be tidy. Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• honestly, the kids don't care if its organized. And I just want it out of the way. Big toy box in the closet helps me.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My child and I go through his toys together and put toys in plastic storage bags - if small enough. Storage bins and colored boxes help too. His room now looks like that of a pre teen which makes him feel older...and makes me happy that he has pride in his room so he keeps it clean.
    Raquel274

Answer by Raquel274 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008