soft spot on my 15month old?

i was told not by a dr but by a friend whos had several children and her dr said that after a baby turns 1yrs old the soft spot closes. my question is how many of your childrens soft spots havent closed yet? its gotten smaller but still open. i currently can not take her to the drs because i am waiting for acchs to start my health insurance up again.

vannahsmama3

Asked by vannahsmama3 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As with anything to do with a child, development is different for each one.

There is nothing magical about turning one and the soft spot closing, or being able to drink milk. My youngest had two soft spots and I don't think either was completely closed at a year....

It's smaller, it's closing. I don't think it's of any great rush to have it checked out. But when you can get your child to the doctor (should have a 15 month check anyway) bring it up and get a medical opinion!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with the poster above me. My DD still had her's at a year... she's 2 now and perfectly fine!
    alinzasmommy

Answer by alinzasmommy at 8:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009