How do I politely tell people that I don't need any more baby showers?

I have already had two baby showers and three more are in the works.

I am not complaining, it is just that I am at the end of my pregnancy now and don't want to go out. It is too exhausting.

I know people want to celebrate but why can't we just have meet and greets after she is born?

The last three baby showers are going to be maybe five or six people at each.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wish I had your problem. I never even got one baby shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Maybe you could ask each of the well wishers if they could either combine parties or explain to them how tired you are and not feeling well and that you would like to spend time with each of them when you feel that you are able to give them more quality attention. It is hard whaen you are so tired to try and entertain others or even follow any conversations. Just be honest and they should understand. Best wishes and safe delivery.
    love2mommie

Answer by love2mommie at 1:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• See if the ladies hosting the baby showers would like to combine the parties & make it one big hoorah! This way you can attend one more & be done with it.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I understand, but I don't think you realize how truly exhausting it can be to try and haul a newborn around to meet and greets. Not to mention the potential risk of exposure to sickness that each new person.

It might be simpler to just go to the showers now. At least they are small, not too many people to overwhelm you.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm with these guys, about combining them, if that's possible. The gifts are always nice. I also agree that schlepping a newborn around is even more exhausting, and there's SO much more to it than when you're pregnant, plus, you don't want to risk your baby getting sick. Talk to your hostesses, and see who is willing to attend or help someone else with a shower, and let them know that you are totally exhausted, which is TOTALLY normal when you're pregnant, and while you really appreciate what they are trying to do for you, it would be so much easier if you could combine them. Plenty of people will be coming by to see the baby once he/she is born. Rule of thumb- no one comes empty handed. They need to bring food, and possibly be willing to help with a chore around the house. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009