Best thing for chapped cheeks

My son had really bad chapped cheeks... my mom called them teething cheeks. He also has a chapped chin... that is due to his drooling!
Anyway.. I don't know what is the best thing to put on them. I've been using vaseline and Aveno baby lotion. Neither are helping.

Any better suggestions?

AmiJanell

Asked by AmiJanell at 1:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I love the Gerber Breast Therapy stick. Works miracles on dry skin on the face. My sons old ped recommended it for us when his face was so bad nothing else would work that I tried. Within a few days his face was completely healed.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 7:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i dunno if you have this in the states (or wherever you live) but here in canada we have a lotion called "cetaphil" it worked great on my daughter..you can buy it from any drug store, its in with all the other regular lotions..its very mild, fragrence-free, senstive skin, non-greasy...its what i use on me...and what i use/used on my daughters face..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Neosporin~ I use it for just about everything. It's a miracle lotion.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• We do have cetaphil, here in the states. I love it. Having grown up with sensitive skin it has been my lifesaver. I know use it with my son. I haven't experienced a chapped face but it works elsewhere with only positive results for both myself and my son.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• baby aquaphor should do the trick.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I use gold bond Ultimate Healing Lotion..it works very well usually clearing eli chapped cheecks up over night...Its best to put it on after a bath and before bed to it stays on over night.
    myhytyed

Answer by myhytyed at 2:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• something that works really good is desitin clear i love it for her chin and cheeks
    TINYFEET08

Answer by TINYFEET08 at 3:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• When my babies got those chapped cheeks, I put strawberry chap stick on them. (it's the kind I wear). Lotions never seemed to do the trick as far as protecting their little faces from the weather.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 4:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• A&D daiper rash cream, use before you put them in bed, doctor said safe for them to get in there mouths it wont harm them......My ds has the same thing the cream really helps! and yep its teething cheeks! good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2009