Anyone here have a hard time juggling your time?

I work 8 to 10 hours a day 4-5 days a week, come home, clean house, cook supper, get kids ready for bed, make sure homework is done, teach Children's church on my Sunday's off, clean the church, on Monday nights I go to women's prayer group...Actually I just stepped down from teaching Children's church (but will help when I can)....I never have time for myself or time to breathe. Then my family and friends get mad when I cant call them for a week......I try to explain to everyone that I am only one person and I am very busy.....What else can I do? I stay stressed out here latley!

MomOf2Js2

Asked by MomOf2Js2 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you know the answer. Lighten up on yourself - call family/friends when you are in the car, stuck in traffic - put yourself on your "to do" list.....

Just for the record - I am very selfish with my time. My time after work is for babies and hubby only. We have a early bedtime routine for the children and that works out well.

When you have to do it all, I'm sure it's different. Perhaps a family member can take the children on Saturday mornings to give you a break?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You need to make some "me" time. It's all well and good to be involved in the church...but if your family is suffering (kids and husband or extended family) do you think that's really what God wants? Just a thought......

I don't work outside of the home, but my schedule drives me insane at times....I have one to go to preschool 5 days a week, one going 2 days a week, one receiving OT twice a week, one receiving ST and OT each twice a week, one receiving ST twice a week, one in science class, adding a swimming class for two of them, adding an EI group for the youngest, cook, clean, shop, etc....oh...doctor appointments (youngest has asthma), evaluation appointments...some time in there I have to get in MY eye appointment and MY doctor appointment.....and I have no one to help by babysitting.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have 4 kids, work 40hrs a week and am in pre-law school. What works for me is a schedule. I stay right on it. I get home from work with the kids around 6pm. I get dinner for the kids, bathtime, then bed. I only pick-up the house during the week. On the weekends I CLEAN the house and do laundry and the stuff I missed during the week. I also make dinner for the week and freeze it. This way, when I get home from work, I just heat it up. Just a couple suggestions. You have to find what works for you and stick with it.
    TR3boysand1girl

Answer by TR3boysand1girl at 8:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Scheduling and if things are not being taken care of at home and you are a short fuse then you may need to cut back on some of your church duties. I was doing so much for the church that my house and family went to pits so if you are having trouble juggling then you may need to re-think some things. I have a schedule now and it works so good for me.
    I hope you find a happy balance!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Thank you for the suggestions. I like the make dinner for the week and freeze it Idea and I do need to make a schedule and include me time as well. All of the suggestions sound great so far! I cut down my cleaning of the church to one time a week while my kids are at school....I also made my dr appt for when they are at school so I can go alone. I gave the kids a chore list so that it is not all on me to clean house by myself (my husband cleans house too). This is a start....any and all ideas are welcome!
    MomOf2Js2

Answer by MomOf2Js2 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was going to ask how old your children where and if you were married. Their arms and legs aren't broke..they can help with the housework too. As far as dinner, when I still worked, a lot of times my husband would at least get dinner started if not completed if he got home before me. I love "working" for my church too but I also know that sometimes it's ok to let someone else have the opportunity to work in the church. It sounds like you take it all on yourself when you could probably just say hey, we gotta get a better plan around here. I do the same thing sometimes.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 5:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009