pc games....

who ever came up with the pc game world of war craft really sucks.it seems like my husband doesn't want to do anything but play that stupid fucking game and its so frustrating. we spend barely anytime together, we just had our first son five months ago, and uh i just want to break the computer sometimes. this is my first baby and its hard work, keeping the baby happy and the house clean and school work caught up. so today i asked him if he would help me clean, he agreed he would help. then when i brought it up a little later when he was on his game he through a total fit, cussed me out! called me a fucking bitch and to fuck off.i was so mad, for one it hurt my feelings, and for two my son was hearing all of this. and all i wanted was some help, i don't ask for much! later he did apologize and told me how wonderful i am and how sorry he was and ended up doing some dishes. so bipolar! does anyone else have these problems?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel your pain to a point. My fiance plays WOW. There are days that he will play 15 hours a day and some days that he won't touch it at all.

His previous marriage dissolved partly because of WOW so he did learn a little of a lesson there.

WOW is a very addicting game and I have learned with WOW and the other games he plays it is best to try the game for yourself. It is a little trick that I have! I play just long enough to learn the game and to be able to tell when he is in a position to get up and help out. He appreciates the understanding and knows that he can't get away with ignoring me because I know what is going on.

I will say that I am lucky, he DOES help out and he does take care of all of his responsibilities. But that came at a cost to him by losing his first marriage.

Take from this what you can, but know that you are not alone. There are many WOW widows out there.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The person who created the game doesn't suck. There are a great number of mental advantages that can be gained from some game play. The loser who can't do anything but play it sucks.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Your husband is addicted to the game, no less said he needs to regain control over his real life, family and relationships or he will be just one out of many ignorant fools that play the game, get sucked in and end up being alone in their real life because all they knew around them crumbled. You do deserve a man that's there for you, and he does need to know this. I agree with casperskitty that the person who created the game doesn't suck, my husband and I play we are casual gamers that do so a couple hours a week when the kids are asleep as some "together-time". Your husband is addicted and that's what sucks, it's no less than alcohol, cigarettes, or anything else that can affect ones health/life... he needs to regain control or you will get smart and realise he's not worth changing and before he knows it you and his son will be gone.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Wow.

I gotta try this game out!

As for OP - sounds like you made a baby with a very, very young man. If he doesn't realize there's a problem, then there's nothing you can do. I would not allow myself to be spoken to like that. You need to take care of your baby, yourself and your schoolwork - if all of that is done, THEN clean the house as needed. You are not running a hotel. Make sure you are sleeping when you can and taking your vitamins.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I know someone who was seriously addicted to this game. They had to cancel dinners with friends and family because the husband had WOW plans! I have to say this...that WOW like many things is just a stress reliever. It is a chance for them to disconnect from reality. The problem is they have a hard time reconnecting! You have to be calm and even a but patient with it. Try explaining it to him that you would like to have some of that quiet and quality time of his for you and the new baby too. Tell him you feel like he is a bit more invested in the game when you are needing him to be a bit more invested in family. Make it a calm conversation, and try to understand his point too. I hope this helps.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009