I know TMI but is it normal to have a lot of discharge in the beginning of pregnancy?

Usually I don't have very much discharge but now I have a bunch. No blood. Just a milky or egg white kind of stuff. I have to wear panty liners because of it. I'm not that far along. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not TMI, we all have had it.

It can be normal and it also can be a sign of an infection. Vague answer right?

You will have more discharge while pregnant. I have been wearing panty liners since the beginning and now I am almost 35 weeks.

I also did have two yeast infections during this pregnancy and I never had them before. The best thing to do is just have your doctor check out the PH of the discharge because it is new to you. He/she can tell you if it is an infection or not. Then if you have any other changes in your discharge from then on, bring it up to your doctor.

Make sense?
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• its normal to have a lot of discharge throughout your whole pregnancy. get used to wearing panty liners lol. but discharge that you get is called leaukkoria sp? and its normal for women to get it throughout their whole lives, its just during pregnancy your body makes MORE of it so you discharge more.
    mine was a lot in the beginning then it wasnt as bad and now at 33 weeks, its getting back to being a lot.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Kelsey! Get is straight! You are 34 weeks! HA! Silly gurl!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• LMAO hahaha
    i always forget only by like a week LMAO
    its been many weeks ha
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009