At what age should your child be before having a second?

How old you do think your first should be before you decide to have another one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think at least two...just to give your body time to heal.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 3
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Two...all 3 of my kids are all 2 years apart and they get along for the most part lol. 4yo boy, 2yo girl, 7mo boy
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• whatever works for you. mine are 15 mo. apart. After the 2nd was born doctor asked if we wanted more & I said yes. He said we could start trying after 3 months. We havent though. These 2 are driving us crazy enough!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Before I had kids, I would have said between 2 and 3 years. But my kids are 19m and 20m apart and I wouldn't change it for the world.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't think there is a specific age, everyone is different. My 3 oldest are all 5 years apart from each other but my 2 youngest are only 22 months apart.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• That's easy! If you want things to run smooth for you..wait until the first is old enough to know better, and out of diapers!!!! Then they can help you with a newborn and they don't need you to play with them all the time too..your not chasing them around either. I have a 7 month old son, and if I do have another child, I'm waiting until my son is 4!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• There is no "right" age.

My first two are 22 months apart...my second two are 11 months apart. Yep...3 in 33 months. (the last two were surprises)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• There is no right age, so far all of my bio children have come at the right age for the child before them. MY oldest was almost three when his sister was born, that was good for him. My third child came 11 months after my second was born and my girls love each other and play very good together. My fourth child is coming 3 years and 1 month after my third and that is good for them because my current youngest is clingy and she is about to go to school.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• for us were waiting until at the earliest cayden is potty trained. then maybe we'll start trying again.
    mathernmom87

Answer by mathernmom87 at 7:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2009