Help me to get my 15yo do go to school w/o a fight

helpme910

Asked by helpme910 at 2:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• explain that this is they only way to solve things...
    boy or girl??
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• girl
    helpme910

Answer by helpme910 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I was the same way in high school, my problem was I wanted attention and that was the only way to get it. Ask her what is wrong...it will take some work, but eventually she will open up to you. You need to explain to her that you are here, and that if she does open up you wont get angry (you have to stick with that) and you will help in anyway possible. We all know high school is a bitch lol. Its tough to get through. But it seems like she is crying out. If not then I dont know...But most of the time it is a cry for attention/help...maybe all she needs is a hug, my dad gave me one when I was acting that way and I just cried for hours....
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with the above poster, however, if she just does not care about school then I suggest doing what my mom did to my sister who wanted to drop out.

My mom worked it out that a teacher actually stopped by our house to tell her to go to the school in the morning, she also had the police a few times stop buy to tell her that she has to go to school. Finally, my mom called a social worker and REALLY scared her into going by threatening her with being put into a foster home.

They worked.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I also agree with girlneffy, I would also show her how much more a highschool graduate makes in comparison to a high school drop out. Tell her life is no fun with out money...lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• ...............Ok...where do you live? I'll be there before she has to go to school! LOL J/K! Thankfully my 3 arent old enough for school yet! Is there anyway to get her involved with school activities? Thats about the only thing that really got me through High School! But then again I really liked staying busy with school so I didnt have to put up with my little brother at home LOL There are lots to do, maybe she just needs a little push to show how much fun school activities can be. Plus the big bonus is.....it makes the school year go by so much faster!! Then when your older you wish you were there again! Tell her you dont want her to miss out on her childhood and its time to go to school!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't try to tell her that she will have a harder time in life if she doesn't graduate b/c there are too many high profile people who have made high school seem obsolete and I am sure she will throw that back at you. Explain to her all of the things that she will miss out on if she doesn't go such as prom and graduation and more importantly a graduation party. I thought that I wouldn't miss any of those things when I dropped out but when I see pics of my friends at their proms or their degrees hanging on the walls or I attend someone's grad party I get a twinge of jealousy. Also, explain that there is no debating and she will go to school b/c your word is law. If you have to sit in on her classes or call the school everyday or pick her up and drop her off she will go to school. Nothing like a healthy dose of humiliation to make a child go to school on her own.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009