My 18 month old has been vomiting on and off for the past 4 nights???

My 18 month old son has been vomiting on and off for the past 4 nights. I am going to take him to the doctor tommorrow, but I thought it was just the flu. He has not had a fever at all and he has been in an okay mood throughout the day and then vomits some nights. Anyone else had this problem with their kids or other people? Is it just the flu?

Shannon0622

Asked by Shannon0622 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was told it is a terrible bug going around. My daughter is 22 months old and we were in the hospital Monday for dehydration. She is fine now but we had 5-6 days of vomiting and diarrhea. Good luck!

singlemom5481

Answer by singlemom5481 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• DD did this only one night though, she woke up 2 times from 20 til 4 vomiting, and when we woke up and turned the light on to check on her she was unresponse, she was a wake but wouldn't look at us or move, so we took her to the ER and she was dehydrated...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• He's not dehydrated because he is drinking plenty of water and gatorade (won't drink pedialyte dr said give him gatorade).
    Shannon0622

Answer by Shannon0622 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• what does he eat right before bed,or what is last thing he eats? can you see a pattern of any kind? A virus would not come on just at one time-I wonder if it is something he is eating or drinking and laying still causes it to back up in his tummy? good luck hope it's ok-wish I could know what it was.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• be careful w/gatorade too much of it can throw off his electrolytes and that can cause vomiting.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Could be a food allergy. My oldest had food allergies and would sometimes vomit in his crib when he was a toddler.
    boystimes2

Answer by boystimes2 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2009