too much sex affecting his sperm count?

can having sex too much affect it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• this is tricky to answer:lets say u have sex 3 times in one night.the first time the count is highest and each time after it get slower.i want to say he is "recharged"n 24 hours but not sure.But he will recharge every day,you cannot use up all his sperm if that is what u are asking.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Im not sure...I know smoking pot can (not saying your DH or SO does but I know that is one thing that affects it)
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• They say it can. It's suggested that you have sex every other day when TTC for that reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had sex the day before I ovulated, the day of and the day after and that is how I got pregnant(I ended up miscarrying) but it has been 7 months since my miscarriage and I havent tried the 3 day thing again because I havent had time but I think I will try that again. By the way my doctor said that the reason why I miscarried was not because of low sperm count or whatever
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 4:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• There is no such thing as too much sex for an average healthy man - the sperm replenishes itsself over the next day & we must remember sperm count doesnt mean the sperm is of a poor standard...

If a man is known to have problems in that department its suggested they intercourse takes place every other day - actually when TTC its best to have intercourse every other day anyways, this ensures a fertile window is never missed.
    sarahjoyce

Answer by sarahjoyce at 5:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• when i was trying to get pregnant my hubby and i just had sex every other day... it worked! lol, just keep trying, have faith in God, and dont let those negative tests get you down.
    4weeman

Answer by 4weeman at 12:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Dr.'s say that if ttc, you should have sex once a day.
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have a friend that the Dr. told her to stop having sex so much..slow down..cause yet it slows the sperm count down...they were also doing it 3-4 times a day trying to get pregnant..
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009