how do you get a toddalar ready for a baby?

She will have just turned two. It was easy to get my son ready wheb she was born but he was almost three.

babygirl9669

Asked by babygirl9669 at 3:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My daughter is Two, and DD was born last monday

I just included her in every little thing about the pregnancy making sure she knew she was going to have a little sister, it was an easy thing to say..but she bascially took over when the baby was born herself she knew the baby wasnt in my tummy any more, she is a great help and i think often we over look childrens sense of love for others that are in the family, she kisses her ...helps me feed her....change her etc. just make sure she isnt left out and dont treat her any differnt once the baby is there, she was mad at me for a day or so, but not at the baby she didnt know why i had a baby she didnt want me to have a baby but it was okay for her to cuddle the little one but me stay away from her lol she got over that fast knowing that the baby isnt going any where and there was little she could do, now she is just amazing, and she surprises me everyday,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• really at that age it is a crap shoot lol.they either realize the baby is there to stay and move on or they become lil boogers.Try to tell her stuff but don't overwhelm her because u want to spend this special time w/her.Also a great idea is getting her used to spending fun times w/someone else besides u.That way if baby takes up more time than thought you have a go to person that dd feels is a treat.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• something we did when children # 2, 3, & 4 were born... the "baby" brought the children a present. a lifelike dolly with a blanket and bottle, or something similar. it helped, right off the bat,for the 2 year old liking the new baby. pre plan. you'll have to buy & wrap it in advance, then hide it in your hospital stuff. the first time your toddler gets to see the baby, whip out the gift & say "look what the baby brought you!" good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 8:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2009