The Flu,

Hey gals do any of you know you know how long the flu that's been going around lasts and what all it entails cause I am feeling kinda yucky and hoping I am not coming down with it but if I am I want to know what I'm in for, LOL.

Peekalou

Asked by Peekalou at 3:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• Take Vitamin D. I SWEAR by it!! I am 300 lbs and I take 8,000 IU's daily. My kids take 1,000 IU's daily. My SO (162 lbs) takes 4,000 IU's daily. NONE of us have had the flu in 5 yrs and we have never ever taken the flu shot. We only take this supplement in the winter months as we don't get outside in the sunshine as much. We are very active outdoors in the warmer months. When you don't get Vitamin D as much you need to get it in other forms. Hope you feel better!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have the flu. I've had it for about a week, and there's no sign of it going away anytime soon. I've had fever, chills, cough, headache and have been really, really tired.
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 6:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ours only lasted a couple of days and wasn't terrible. Fever, some coughing, aches, a little nauseous.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 10:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with Babylove76. Vitamin D is key if fending off the flu in the winter months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2009