How do I keep my son from climbing out of his crib, out of his highchair, and getting out all the locked doors

He likes to unlock the doors to get out. I do have handle covers on some doors, but I cant on come doors. I hae to put him back into his crib sometimes 10 times at nap time. When he is done eating he likes to stand on the very edge of his highchair till I get him out. He is alomst 2 and knows better. He just wont stop. I want him to sit in his highchair till were all done eating dinner with the family.

busywkids

Asked by busywkids at 2:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He wants his independance mom! Sorry, I know that is not the answer that ya wanted. My concern is for his safety if he is a climber...I have one of those too. We call him 007! LOL It may be time to take down the high chair and the crib. He is moving on up to the big time!! LOL good luck!!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We bought a crib tent for his bed, we strap him into a booster seat at meal time. As for opening doors, we do time out. He has learned really quickly what that means.
    coffeemama

Answer by coffeemama at 4:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It sounds like your child might be ready for a toddler bed. Once they have mastered the art of climbing out of their cribs, there isn't much you can do to stop them. Safety is very important I think adding something to keep from climbing out would just be another challange for him and he will try!
    whisperz_2004

Answer by whisperz_2004 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We went through the same thing with my son. We moved himm to a toddler bed and a booster seat that we could strap him in. As for the doors, we tried everything to keep him in. The best solution I have found is we installed door alarms on all doors. It doesent keep him from going out, but alerts us that he has. Good luck!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008