How do I put my 1 year old to sleep with out rocking her?

Keilamireya

Asked by Keilamireya at 9:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had the same problem and DH decided that we were going to use the CIO method. We have a routine for her but we just eliminated rocking. The first couple of nights were hard but now she lays down just fine every night!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• do you have a bed time routine? consistant patterns soothes a child--and it's sooo predictable that they are comfortable laying down on their own.....

i have my 3.5 month twins on a strit routine for naps and bedtime..no crying---message me ifyou have any questions...
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• my DD is 13 mo old and we have a bed time routine and shes is in bed at the same time every night(well alomost every night) ....she eats dinner, takes a bath, i rub her down with lotion and put her PJ's on her, give her a sippy cup with milk in it and when she is done with that she knows its time for bed and she will lay in her crib and go right to sleep. the first few weeks were kind of hard but getting her ajusted to the routine and not being rocked or held. i just let her cry it out but it was soo hard for me but i knew it would be better for all of us.And it was we all sleep soo much better.
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• When my 2 1/2 year old was smaller I got her a bird musical projector thing that hags on the side of the crib. It plays different songs and projects a rotating picture of birds and butterflies, the moon and the sun on the ceiling. It always soothed her off to sleep.
    munchkin143

Answer by munchkin143 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• With all 3 of my girls....at a certain time everynight, I mention it nite-nite time. Turn on their nite light; they have a frog that plays music, and that's it.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It's always good to get feedback from other Moms. Truth is every child is different and you as her Mom knows whats best for her. Yes it is hard to break them out of rocking mode, yet there is something else you can try to get her into sleep mode. Try reading a story, playing her favorite video or movie, keeping her company till she falls to sleep. No one knows Cielo better than you. Its your decision. Whats the best thing for you as well as her.
    yari160

Answer by yari160 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2008