When will I sleep again?

I am almost 9 months pregnant with my first and I have not really slept well since 7 months.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try never! No seriously, it depends each kiddo is dif. My first was sleeping through the night at 3mths, but then my second came along and she didn't sleep through the night till she was a year old. Are you taking naps in the day? You should if you are 9 mths prego cause seems like you hardly ever sleep all night when you are 9mths along.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 6:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• There is that old joke that says "when they become adults and move out."
    But this isn't so! Even when your baby starts to sleep through the night you will still wake up every now and then in the night just to "check" on him/her to be sure they are sleeping well. It's a mother's instinct.
    Once you feel comfortable that your child is sleeping well through the night you begin to relax and allow yourself to sleep during the night, but you will most likely begin to be "programmed" to hear the slightest noise or wake up in the mornings when your little one wakes up.
    When my girls were sleeping 8 hours or more through the night (school age) I was able to get more sleep. But every child is different.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My oldest is 4 and crawls in my bed to sleep with us and wakes me up almost every night. So I have no clue.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 6:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You will sleep again when shes 18.

Answer by gemgem at 7:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• When you die!! lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• you'll sleep again when she's married and has her own babies. well no i take that back cuz then she will be calling you all hours for advice. so lets put it this way may you RIP lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• In about 18 years....maybe
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Lol wow... those answers were all so lovely! My daughter started sleeping through the night at about 3 months... It was GREAT being able to sleep the night... but now that I get to sleep the whole night I complain about never getting to sleep in Lol.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would say probably a week before never.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• While I hate to be the bearer of bad news, --never! lol When our daughter, a poor sleeper, was a baby, I mentioned to my husband I couldn't wait til she was older so we could worry less. We then glanced across the room to our 14 year old-looked at each other again-and realized we were never going to 'sleep the sleep of angels' again! lol You will sleep when the baby naps, if you can and know what's good for you! It isn't really all that bad, but sleep is precious. Work at arranging your schedule so you can get some! Hang in there!
    Heartlight617

Answer by Heartlight617 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2009