Water Leaking...?

Is it possible for your water bag to just leak? Or does it have to like pop? I've wearing panty liners since I lost my mucus plug like 3 weeks ago and today I noticed that my panty liners are getting wet rather quickly. Usually I don't have to change it, I just take it off when I go to bed. Today [well Sunday and into today], I've had to change it like 4 times...

jaddexsmama0509

Asked by jaddexsmama0509 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go check with your doctor. You may be leaking.

The night I went into labor my water didn't "erupt" like some womens do but rather trickled. I spent 10 minutes on the toilet wondering why my vagina wasn't getting dry!

But call your doctor just in case.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 3:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You should most def go and get checked for that. My sis has lost alot of water! And had to go to bed rest. It can happen and I didn't even know that till it happened to her. It can be dangerous if not monitored by your dr. So please go have them check it out. It is a simple test, they just to a pap like thing on ya. And you know in seconds.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• if water can leak out, bacteria can get in. that's one reason the dr will induce or augment labor once the water's been broken for 24 hours. it's very likely that it's not amniotic fluid at all. you may be leaking urine. the baby's putting pressure on your bladder. this is not the same as "having an accident" or peeing on yourself, as you cannot control this. the doctor's office can use a little litmus paper to touch it to your underwear or pad, and determine the fluid, urine or amniotic. at any rate, get to the dr to let them check it out. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 8:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It might just be urine I went Saturday for the same reason and I was also leaking on my self while just standing and it turn out to be just urine my big baby was pushing my bladder but were all different go get checked out sweetie how far along are you?
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You should really visit your OB/GYN to get that checked to see if it's your amniotic fluid vs. urine.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009