How do you know what size condom to buy?

I was looking at all the available condoms in the store one day and noticed the variety of sizes.

I wondered how a guy knew what size to buy?

Is there a chart for them to measure by like with shoes?

Or is it a guessing game where they buy and try, and learn from trial and error?

It's not as if the box says "Size Medium fits 5"-8" long" although it would help.

So how do you all know what size condoms to buy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL I have had that problem... Before we decided to use other BC, I bought a big box of comdoms- problem was, I couldn't get the damn things on him!!! I mean, yes, I do know they are super stretchy, but how tight does it have to be before it cuts of circulation?! SO I started researching this... Apparently yes, they come in a couple different sizes, but no, they aren't marked "Small-medium-large!" LOL I guess it really is just more trial and error when it comes to the right one- and when you find one he likes, stick with it!!!
    ChelaRenee

Answer by ChelaRenee at 8:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I never knew condoms came in different sizes...........
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Far as I remember there was just regular and extra large. Been a long time since I've used them. But it is trial and error on which type work best for you as a couple.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would guess 9 out of 10 guys are fine with regular size condoms. I've never had anyone use anything else and some of those guys were pretty big.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Hmmm it has been many years since husband has bought condoms. I think you just have to experiment and see what size/kind fits and works out best.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• XL is still too small for my husband. -_- That is only how big they go up too. it sucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Let's just say this...not every guy is Magnun sized, lol.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009