DD is sick again

She has been sick for pretty much 1 1/2 mnths straight from an ear infection that took three antibiotics to get rid of to the flu to some head cold thing and now she woke up in the middle of hte night with a fever again. I think I should just take her in and see what they say but I am frustrated and super worried. Is this normal for a 1yr old?

ttdccc

Asked by ttdccc at 7:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They get sick alot but I wouldn't think they should be sick every time they get better. I would take her to the dr. If she keeps getting ear infections they could possibly put tubes in her ears, which is super easy and wonderful for kids. Or it did wonders for my kids. My kids always seemed like they were getting an ear infection or throat something all the time. Finally when my oldest was 3 they took tonsils out and put tubes in the ears, He has been healthy since! Then when I had my next one, she started doing the same thing, I said Take EM Out and Put Em IN! NOw all three of my kids have no tonsils and have had tubes. But that was great for them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• tubes in the ears can solve a myriad of problems. 3 of my kids EACH had 3 sets of tubes BEFORE they turned three years old! the last time, the doctor took the adnoids too, on each kid. never any more problems... except an unrelated one. when my daughter was 4 she had an infection that was un/improperly diagnosed for months. we went thru antibiotic after antibiotic. ultimately she was diagnosed with granuloma growing in her ear. it resulted in surgery to clean out the infected material, then hospitalization for 5 days of IV antibiotics, then 5 more days of IVs at home. my point is... if the ear problems continue, ask your ENT to be more aggressive in finding the source of the problems. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 7:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It can be, depending on what she is exposed too when her immune system is weak from a different infection. My little girl was like that last winter and she was around 1yr old. Hang in there, she will get better.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ok I decided to take her in and see what the doc thinks, I will bring up the tube thing. I am just concerned this is too many illnesses for one kid, it is like she is never well these days.
    ttdccc

Answer by ttdccc at 9:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2009