Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son's father is a level three sex offender. we are no longer together but my son talks to him on the phone before he goes to bed. well wen we called the other night so my son could say good night he made a point of telling me that he knew wat i was doing and where i was the day before. it kinda feels like he is stalking me again...what should i do?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • CALL HIS PO!!! My ex is also a level 3 sex offender!! If you don't know the name of the PO, AND YOU SHOULD!! Call the division of corrections and ask for the name and number of the PO. They will give it to you. Tell the PO what he said. This is very serious! Don't wait! Do it right away today! PM me if you need any help or want to talk.

    Answer by Babylove76 at 8:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • The first thing you must consider is the safety of your son. I would go to court and file a restraining order. This way if he is stalking you or following you he will be arrested. When you fill out the RO there is a place to put children that he should stay away from, he could leave your son off of it so he can still talk to him.
    Personally, I would try to wean your son away from him. My father is a level 3 as well and "you" always think that they would never hurt their own kid but they do. Usually they prefer their own children or family members because they are less likely to resist or tell anyone.
    Regardless of your feelings about your son talking to his day, your son's safety should be your number one concern.

    Answer by TR3boysand1girl at 8:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • Tell him that if he starts harrassing you, you will not let son call at night. And you will put out a restraining order agianst him! Do not let him get the best of you or he will try to cause alot of trouble for ya. Best wishes to ya

    Answer by lovinmomto3 at 8:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • I would at least call the police or someone and report it just in case he tries something or the stalking gets worse. Good luck that is scary.

    Answer by vbongard at 8:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • Is it remotely possible that you or your son might've mentioned where you were the day before?
    I wouldn't tell him I think he's stalking you, it'd make him more cautious and less likely to get caught. If you've had a previous experience with him stalking, you should know what to do to get him to back off. Be safe :)

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • I would tell him yay for you knowing where I am but I am going to consider that stalking if you continue to do it and report it to your parole officer/P.O. Second why does he have contact with your son at all? As a level 3 offender he should have only supervised visits and conversations until he shows some signs of recovery.

    Answer by gemgem at 8:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • I would contact the police and his PO. They need to be aware of his behavior... as this sounds like he could be stalking you or trying to frighten you. I would also contact your lawyer - he/she might be able to make it a custody request that he not have contact with his son, or be able to cut back on the # of times he can talk to his son. I hope everything works out for you.

    Answer by MizLee at 9:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • definitely report it. It's important to make a report of all strange behaviour, that way if it escalates to the point where you do feel threatened or something needs to be done, you have documented evidence of the harassment. Good luck!

    Answer by kristal2146 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • call his probation officer!! hes trying to scare you girl. take charge and show him you mean business!

    Answer by momma2shane at 10:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • If you have to monitor the calls,and or record them for you safety, so you have evidence against him. Its possible that your son told him. But I wouldn't take the chances.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

Next question in Relationships
What to do about MIL?

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
DD is sick again