When did your baby start sleeping through the night??

My son's going to be 7 months on Jan 14th~ I'm wondering when he'll start sleeping through the night. He wants a bottle at 12ish and then again around 4ish. I can't wait till he doesn't want to wake up until morning..right now he's up at any where from 6-7am after his 4am feeding. What age did your baby stop waking to eat..and any ideas on how to speed up the process lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They say that if baby wakes at same time each night to feed then it isnt hunger but habit. You may want to start there because his tummy is big enough now to go longer through the night.
    blackwellqk

Answer by blackwellqk at 11:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Every child is different .
    My now 2.5 year old still wakes 1-3 times at night , she just isn't a good sleeper despite our best efforts. On the other hand our 3 month old has been sleeping through the night for about 6 weeks now .
    Be consistant, stick to routines and eventually it will happen.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 1st went to sleep 3 mths, but it was early when I had to get up, The 2nd didn't sleep all night till she was around a year old. You can try feeding him about an hour before bed, or if you feed him cereal in his milk his belly will be full longer. but that depends on each kiddo.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 2 1/2 months sleeping 8 hours and now at 4 months sleeping 10-12 hours. I know I am extremely lucky!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 7 weeks ^-^
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• my son is 12months and still not able to sleep trough the night. I try to feed him just before his bedtime but still wakes up for at least two bottles . Can't wait for him to sleep trough the night so mommy can sleep too :-D
    JAHA68

Answer by JAHA68 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• pfft...
    Tatumsmommy0123

Answer by Tatumsmommy0123 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• he slept through the night at 8 weeks :) I'm so lucky... 12 hrs a night... but only 1 brief nap during the day
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Mine all slept through the night at 3-4 months but they were also on cereal 3 times a day at 1 month old and on fruits and veggies at 3 months.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• well thank's everyone that's commented so far! My son did sleep through the night in the beginning too he was 2 and 3 months old when he was sleeping through the night. Waking again to eat 2x a night started when he was 4 months and hasn't stopped since lol. I don't really mind all that much, but I'd LOVE to have a day where I feel amazing again, from a full nights rest. I do feed him right before bed, he get's a bottle and pablum too! I guess it doesn't help. I was thinking about letting him "cry it out" past those 2 feedings or at least the second one around 4am..he's up to eat at 7am at the latest, so I don't see it being hunger, more habit by 4am. He has 6 oz's (that's all he'll eat) at 12am-1:30am ish..shouldn't that be enough..to make it to 6-7am??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009