Now that your baby sleeps through the night do you still wake up?

My ds has been sleeping through the night for about 4 months now, but I still wake up a few times a night and go check on him. I wish I didn't. I don't know if it's my nerves or if I just got used to waking up every few hours.

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 8:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Too funny. My husband and I were just laughing about that this morning. We have the video monitor, and just decided we need to put it away because we both wake up millions of times a night to just get a quick check on the screen that she is ok and then we fall back to sleep. We aren't getting restful sleep and SHE IS!! I don't think I will ever be able to break the habit of at least going into her room once a night to make sure she has a blanket on her. She kicks it off when falling asleep, and I know she'll sleep better if warm and snuggly. I think that's just what moms do!
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 12:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I still check on all my kids , even the 12 year old at least once a night , I think its a normal thing .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have a video monitor and I look at that thing about a million times and go into his room at least once a night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• sometimes I do... I remember the first time he slept through the night and I woke up panicking because he didn't wake up in the middle of the night.. he was ok but I woke myselgff up to check on him for the following 3 months...haha
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009