fabric softener?

when are you supposed to add fabric softener to the wash cycle? i've never used it before, and there aren't directions on my washing machine. thanx.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use one of those Downy balls and it makes it so much easier. I pop it in when I start my wash and don't have to worry about running to the machine. They are under $2 at Walmart and you can use any fabric softener in them and can reuse them. I usually use mine for about 6 months and then buy a new one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You are suppose to add during the rinse cycle. But downy ball is so much easier!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't add it to my wash. I use a dryer sheet instead.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'd add it at the beginning of the rinse cycle. Then it would be mostly rinsed out by the end of the cycle. Wait until there is enough water to cover the clothes, though, in case the softener would stain. I just use a dryer sheet, myself. The softener bottle may have directions on it. Many washers have a softener dispenser- it would let the softener be added at the right time without your having to watch it.

Answer by Bmat at 1:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I use a Downy Ball filled with white vinegar and just drop it into the washer at the beginning of the load. Our clothes come out nice and soft, even the ones I hang dry, and they don't stink of vinegar either.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009