How do I produce more milk?

Im drinking plenty of fluids, eating healthy, taking my prenatal vitamins etc...I still cant produce hardly any milk...

WNHargrave

Asked by WNHargrave at 8:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It all depends on how much milk is being used. If baby hardly ever breast feeds you will start losing milk production. If you start pumping as well as breast feeding your milk production should go up somewhat.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Drink alot of water, and nurse more often. Pump in between if you have to its possible the baby isnt eating alot yet and you just need to pump and when you do it tells your body the babies eating more and needs more milk so your body produces more. I have also heard eating papaya increases milk supply. I have never tried it myself.

Answer by gemgem at 8:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• How do you know you aren't producing enough? That's the first thing. Once you answer that, we can help better.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My lactation consultant told me about "FENUGREEK" it worked for me. You can find it at most drug stores. Feel free to research it too...its a herbal supplement and I only payed $6.99!!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 9:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• my LC did too, i also tried fenugreek. it worked for me! you should do your research on it because there are risks ( if you are diabetic) and side effects ( body fluids will smell like maple syrup).

i bought it at GNC, $7

good luck mama!

phairee004

Answer by phairee004 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I always made oatmeal cookies and put wheat germ and flax meal in them. Can add brewers yeast if u can find it. Didn't help my waistline but I would wake up full next morning. Also feed feed feed and then feed somemore! Pump before you feed. Baby empties breast better. Power pumping works well too.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 10:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm also curious why you think you aren't producing enough? How many wets is baby having? HOw old is the baby? How often are you nursing? If you can provide these answers, I think we can help you better. But generally,, to make more milk, you need to nurse. More you nurse, more you will make.

MamaCeleste0722

Answer by MamaCeleste0722 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009