Any suggestions for toys and games with 4 month ld baby girl?

I noticed she doesn't like to play by herself much anymore and loves to grab things and put them in her mouth. I have a mmi baby gym - toys hanging over her head, any suggestions for toys in the crib or playpen? When is she gonna crawl, do I need a playpen now?

katy1980

Asked by katy1980 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Check out some leap frog toys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Great question...I've been wondering the same thing so I hope you get some good answers...especially budget friendly!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My daughter will be 4 month the 10th and she just got a V-tech rock & crawl ball (I think that is what it is called) and she seems to love it. It will also encourage her to start crawling. As far as the play pin and when she will start crawling it depends on the child. My first daughter started crawling around 6 month. I did not use a play pen because I was never too far from her and there was really nothing she got into. But she also did not like to be along so she always stayed with me. My suggestion would be to wait because some children do not like a play pen at all. I always hated wasting money on items that my daughter never ended up using.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 9:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• When my dd was about 4 months we invested in one of the sit to stand toys - it was the one that goes from belly play - to sit play - to stand play - it has a dancing bear with cymbals and a microphone on it - she still loves that toy at 16 months!

My dd hated the playpen too - but we had one of the bassinet/playpens so when she outgrew the bassinet I just dumped those playballs that you can get at Walmart or ToysRus into the playpen and she loves it still - in fact at her playgroup meetings, it is one of the hits at the house! lol ...

Inexpensive toys like balls, large soft cars, a small colorful rug - cloth books - things that are okay to chew on :-) And that should keep your baby busy for quite awhile!
    swampermom

Answer by swampermom at 9:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My daughter loves the Lamaze moose and lion! Fun to hold!
    nellie401

Answer by nellie401 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• THe Fisher Price Fisher-Price Ocean Wondersâ„¢ Soothe & Glow Seahorse is GREAT. I use it everytime Im putting my baby down to sleep for nap or bed time and it really soothe her with the glowing light and the nice music.

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_1361432_fisher_price_ocean_wonders_soothe_glow_reviews
    adria0205

Answer by adria0205 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My 4 mo LOVES her big teething rings balls, LeapFrog baby counting pal *singing plush caterpillar*, car seat toys that crinkle and squeak, ocean wonders soothe and glow seahorse, rattles, and playing peekaboo :) I put her on her tummy with colorful toys in front of her and she plays for about 30 mins at a whack!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009