8 days left till I become a mother

I'm scared out of my mind. I am 19 on the 24th, and I am do on the 13th. My boyfriend is a year older, and works his butt off and we make decent money.

We have a nice home together, and we even have her own bedroom for her. I painted it, and put of picture frames up, and have EVERYTHING we need and more. My fear is, Not that we can provide for her.. but the fact that we have created this tiny being, that is so fragile, innocent, and beautiful. What can we do with her..Change...Feed...Bathe... this I know.
The thing that is most scary, Is this isnt a temperary thing..

It's the next 18 years of my life and beyond. Every day, every night, every minuite in time, I will be a mother. ..HELP!

BayB

Asked by BayB at 9:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It will be the most fulfilling, wonderful, life-afirming thing, that you will ever do. Enjoy the blessing and don't worry so much. You will get scared sometimes, frustrated more than I can say, and feel helpless when things aren't quite right, but at the end of the day, you'll figure it out. Just approach every challenge with love in your heart and enjoy the greatest gift in the world....Motherhood!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It's the best job in the world! Just remember that God gave you this child and she is a miracle! Congrats! I think the infant stage is the BEST, they are so precious. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Its always awesome when they are born. When you hold her just imagine shes an empty canvas and will accomplish anything she wants to. Just thinking of the possibilities is awesome alone when you look at them. It truly changes your life when they get here but its so fulfilling and rewarding when you think because of you this tiny person will become someone who can influence her surroundings and society. How awesome is that?

Answer by gemgem at 9:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You'll do fine. Remember that you and your boyfriend need to talk about things often. Be on the same page with parenting. It is so important.
    The other thing I would say is don't get stuck on her being her in 8 days. Only 4% of babies are born on their EDD naturally. If she needs a little more time (or even less) it is going to be perfect when she gets here. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It really is a scary feeling to know that you've created a tiny little person that will be solely dependent on you (and your boyfriend, of course). I mean, I get nervous when making a cake or some new dish, lol, let alone a PERSON!!!! Like everyone before me said, motherhood is by far the greatest gift a woman can receive. Yes, you're young, but it sounds like you've got everything on the right track! Age does NOT define ability. Once that precious little baby gets here, your motherly instincts will just take over. There will be times when you feel clueless (my son is 1 and I have another on the way, and I STILL feel this way some days), but you'll ALWAYS figure it out. God would not have given you this miracle if He didn't think you were up for the challenge! Congratulations, mama!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Just an idea for you for once that lil one comes. If your bf is able to take time off work, take the night time in shifts. One of us would stay up with the baby while the other slept for 4 hours. I usually couldn't sleep when it was my turn to sleep because the baby would cry and I couldn't sleep very well with that, but it definitely is worth a try. =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2009