Are there any legit home jobs a sahm can do to bring in extra money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes there are but a home job is very difficult to find. Many are scams and the legit ones are hard to come by. Even if you do find an opening, there will be thousands of people applying for the same job. I do have a journal entry on my page that has a list of legit companies that hire people to work from home. I got the info from the CNN website so I know it is legit, even if I haven't done any of them. I actually chose a home business, in my opinion it is way more rewarding then a home job. I hope you find what you are looking for and let me know if you need any help! Good luck!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Have you ever considered mystery shopping ?
    I have done it for the last almost 9 years for the same company .
    WHile it's not strictly from home (you do have to go out and complete the shops at a variety of places) it is mostly an at home job , or at the very least a job where you can take your children with you .
    I can make as much as 500 per month or as little as 25 dollars, it all depends on what I want to take on in any given month ...
    It's free to join , you apply like a regular job, once accepted you complete training and get to work .
    If you want info about the company I work for you can message me, I don't want to advertise it and get in trouble.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Don't do anything you have to pay for to get started!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• How about DiamondCreek Candles? It's free to sign up and fun to sell. Check out my web site and let me know if you need any help getting started!

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't believe in all those survey sites, cold calling, mystery shopper work at home scams. I have fallen for alot of bad companies. Alot required alot of inventory and the only one making the money was the company and at the end of the day I was stuck with a whole lot of nothing. I hated doing the party thing and not to mention I hated having to drive all around town to setup and demonstrate at someone's house and leaving empty handed. I was about to give up when suddenly I came across a great company that allows me to be me. I don't push expensive Candles, makeup, or expensive home decor or the passion party thing. I don't think I can do passion parties. I found something that truly allows me to be home and make money doing something I enjoy and I get to be creative.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 10:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have been a sahm off and on for 19 yrs. I have yet to find any legit at home job that was worth doing. The only thing I did find that I knew paid and I enjoyed was offering to babysit 1-2 kids in my home while their moms worked. I knew I could make money that way & if youre licensed by the state you can also be on their waiting list for people seeking daycare providers. If they refer ppl most of the time the state pays you directly so it is guaranteed money.

Answer by gemgem at 10:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• there are a lot of good work at home jobs. i have one too. but the thing is, it is WORK! not a get rich quick deal. you HAVE to put the time and effort into it, like any other business. there are a lot groups on here for work at home moms that have some great business oppertunities for moms who want to be at home and working. the big clue is if you have to put TONS of investment into it and get NOTHING in return. you should never have to pay much to start your own home business. i have friends who do candle parties and such, and i admire them for doing it and love the products, but i am just glad i don't have to lug all that stuff around. but that is just me. go to the cnn site the other poster gave you.... i know the company i am with, even the military does not mind spouses working this job from home (on military bases if you have an at home business you need to registar it and clear it with base first)
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i work at home, as well. I was extremely nervous to start, but not one dollar was paid out of my pocket except for headphones. The company I work for was seen on Good Morning America, and it has been doing good for me since I am a single mom. The pay isn't THAT great, but it is a little extra income. email me if you want the website and company name. Sugarbgr@aol.com
    mommy2amelia

Answer by mommy2amelia at 10:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes, of course there are.  You just have to know what you are looking for.  I always suggest starting your own business.. The ideas I have involve NO MONEY and you can run the business the way you want.  Check out www.stuffformoms.info and see what you think. 

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

•  

Hi!

Take a look at my site at www.thecroppers.com/dyamondrose, see if you find something you like.

Take care,

dyamondrose

dyamondrose

Answer by dyamondrose at 11:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2009