My 5 yr old has been cryin every moring when i take him to school?...

im ca mom of 3 a 10yr girl 2 boys 5 & 4 ..I dont know why my 5 yrs is cryiing & he say mommy dont leave me.. the bad thing is i dont leave the newhwere maybe 1 or 2 hours with there gandparents once in a while & the sad thing is hes the most popular kid in kinder the teachers adores him he a great student the tachers says no one bothers him. we did move a about in mid nov. but i would think hed b over it aleady same school just diff. home other than that sos. i donno know but im feel so bad & sad to leave him @ school like that

janice82

Asked by janice82 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Moving is a very stressful thing for anyone, but can be extremely stressful on some children. That may be why he is crying and acting out. He isnt comfortable with his new surroundings yet but he will be ok. It is also normal for little boys to be more emotional about leaving mom then little girls. I have seen that in my own children.

Answer by gemgem at 9:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My daughter cried for about 8 months...she was 4 at the time.Have you spoken to his teachers?
    Is the crying going on while he is in class? I would try to work this out with his teachers...he is crying for a reason.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I say teachers dont see everything that goes on, maybe you should talk to him
    KatieG04

Answer by KatieG04 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If he didn't get a lot of exposure spending time seperated from you, he is having to learn to deal with it now. He will be fine. Don't hang around at the school when you drop him off, say goodbye and send him off. The longer you stay, the longer he cries. If you are worried about something inappropriate happening at school, watch how he behaves at the end of the day. If he becomes withdrawn, or is not progressing academically, then you may have a problem. Since you say he is the most popular kid in class, it sounds like there is no problem at school, he is just having seperation anxiety, a very normal stage in child development.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 7:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• How is he when you pick him up? Have you asked him why he doesn't want you to leave him at school? Do you ever volunteer to stay in the class?

I knew there was a problem when my son would come home and call himself "stupid", "no good", or "slow poke"... he also would make comments like "I wish I was never born", "I should be dead", "I wish I would die". I found out he was being bullied, trust me kids know how to be sneaky. I now homeschool, now my son is happier and doesn't make such hateful comments about himself.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 3:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My son did it in preschool for one months and the teacher told me that he only cry for 5 to 10 min and then stop and then after one months he was fine. so maybe it just take time to add just to school. My son now go without any problems.
    Jad30

Answer by Jad30 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009