first night without dh...

so dh left for 4 days ( work ) and lastnight was a bummer the 2 shows we watch together were on and he wasent sitting next to me i almost cried cause i missed him. he did call me and we talked which was nice i know he made it safe. and my house is clean and looking nice. so i can just relax. our 3 year old runs to the window everytime he hears a truck. daddy workin he would say. i didnt sleep well tossed and turned. and every noise was like whats that??? darn cats lol. 2 more long nights left. he'll be home sometime wed.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• What's the question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• HUH??? And the point would be??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Mine is gone for 6 months at a time sometimes. You just have to keep up with your routine. It is harder with children...my daughter is starting to realize that it will be a long time til she sees daddy again and will ask me heartbreaking questions like "daddy had to go do his work? Is he coming back someday?" 4 days isn't that bad, so just try to keep up your normal activities.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm sorry.. maybe next time he leaves he can leave you with a special blanket or one of his shirts that he's worn for a day so you'll have something that smells like him when he's gone. A heated blanket would replace the warm body too ;)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yeah I don't like when my hubby isn't home for a while. It makes you feel so lonely! It makes you realize just how much you do together and how safe he can make you feel. I guess it helps you realize what you take for granted cause he just seems to always be there.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i agree ladies. i do miss him and he hasent been gone long. look forward to his call tonight. i guess we do everything together lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm like that too, I understand. I have a hard time sleeping when he isn't there :( And every time Chloe hears any noise near the laundry room (thats where he comes into the house from) she says "dada?"
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• lol, my husband just got back from being in a war zone for 15 months. At least once a month he goes out into the field and is gone for about a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My DH just retired from the army 11/2 years ago. So 4 days is nothing to me, when he was gone for 15 months in Iraq and a year in Korea. And gone doing training exercises etc...... Now he is retired he goes out of town for a week to a month at a time, for his new job, same ol same ol to me.

I usually just keep on doing what I usually do, except he is not here. But it is lonely at night.

Answer by louise2 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My Hubby is a Lineman for our local power company and when there is a storm he is gone for a week sometimes. I can't sleep at all, I miss him sooo much, the kids are sad and everytime he is able to pop in to check on us we all cry like babies. We are all such huge parts of one another it feels like none of us are complete unless we are together.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009