What are some easy foods I can take to the funeral home?

We are having a very long visitation for my grandma and wanted some muchies on hand for the family, but they'll be out for about 8 hours. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nurse1209

Asked by Nurse1209 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• oh God!! The only thing that can be left for 8 hours are some definately NON perishables!! Don't kill the rest of the family. Meats and cheeses and dips need refidgeration. only put out a little at a time!!! How about a crock pot?? meatballs? Little wiennies?? mostacholi? please be careful with food temps!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• For my grandmothers funeral we went to the grocery store and ordered some meat platters, cheese platters, veggy platters and what not. We had plenty on hand for people to munch on. I also bought some crackers, and chips & cookies. We had punch & tea & 7-up to drink.

Answer by gemgem at 10:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree , deli meats, veggies, cheese, fruits , crackers and the like ...
    Soda, coffee, tea, juice .

Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• There are lots of dips you can do in the crock pots. What about veggies and put the dip in a bowl of ice. Grapes, finger sandwiches and crackers are all good too.

Water, Tea and Coffee to drink.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• veggie tray, fuit, small sandwiches....or a deli sandwich 6ft...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009