Marriage

My boyfriend and I have been together 2 years, he doesn't want to get married I do, so I am thinking of leaving him. He never wants to get married and I do, advice, should I leave him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• That's completely up to you. If marriage is something that's important to you, then staying in a relationship that is going nowhere probably won't make you happy. If you are happy without ever getting married, that's up to you. Personally, marriage was important to me so I wouldn't have stayed with someone I didn't have that future with.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• If your paths aren't going in the same direction, it's time to take a different path. At least he isn't leading you on to believe that eventually you will get married. Gotta give him credit for being honest.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• Stick to your guns, don't settle. If it is important to you (which it is) it is worth leaving over. He'll either realize what he lost or he wasn't worth it. Commitment is important and just living together isn't what God want for you either! He loves you to much to let you only experience the crappy version...
    mrs.cta1217

Answer by mrs.cta1217 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• Yes, if marriage is a deal breaker for you, then you should.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• Yes, if you want to be married, then let him go. His goals aren't the same as yours.

Answer by Bmat at 5:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• Yep. Leave. He doesnt want to marry you.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• yes, don't waste your time with a man who doesn't want to marry him.

3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 8:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• Wow. That's a biggie... To me it would be rough. I thoroughly believe in a good marriage.

Sounds like he just needs some time to think about what being married is really about and decide if he is ready to commit to you and your future marriage... GIve him time. If you love him, stay with him. A good man is hard to find.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2011