Would you vote for a presidential candidate who has stated he refuses to allow Muslims on his staff?

Do you think it's okay for someone who wants to be the president to have an obvious prejudice against Islam or any other religious group?

How can they vow to do what is best for an entire country when many of that country's people are of a faith they have such a hatred for?

PolitiFact: Herman Cain said more than once he wouldn't hire Muslims

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2011 in Religious Debate

• So far, it appears that I will be voting for George Carlin again.

To answer the question, no. Just as I refuse to vote for anyone who uses their religion as a basis for their politics.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• No. I want a president who is wise enough to surround himself with the best people regardless of their race or religion.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• I think it is the president's responsibility to pick people for their staff that they will be able to work with, and trust. If a president does not trust people of a certain religious minority, then that is his choice. One thing I respect about Herman Cain is he doesn't beat around the bush & he is honest. Whether we agree with him or not, we know where he stands.
    kpav

Answer by kpav at 5:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• If you read the article, he did not say that he would not hire them; he said that he would not be comfortable with them on his staff.
    kpav

Answer by kpav at 5:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• no. how would he feel if one of the other candidates said "i would be uncomfortable w/ a black person on my staff"? i bet he would call them a bigot...so what does that make him? at least he's honest about his ignorant prejudices.

what i found most comical about the article is that Cain doesnt like that Muslims try to convert ppl...is he not a Christian or does he just ignore that many Christians do the same thing?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• No.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• Dare you to repost this in P&CE and see what answers you get
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• No, I wouldn't. I appreciate that he's at least honest about his prejudices, but I wouldn't want him in office for that reasons.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• That should read "for that and other reasons."
    jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2011

• Nope.
    A president that cannot work with all people of this world is not fit to represent us as a "free country".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2011