Anyone see the New Yorker cover with Obama?

do you think it's offensive or right on knowing the New Yorker and it's satirical take on everything?

1funkymomma

Asked by 1funkymomma at 9:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I get what the New Yorker was trying to do . I think Obama is feigning offense for some free publicity . Any idiot can recognize it as political satire !
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 10:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It was satire. Extreme satire mind you. They did the same thing to the Clintons on more than one occasion.Yet no one came to their defense. Is the New Yorker always is good taste? No. Yet they do it all politicians and Obama is not excluded.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 12:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yep seen it. Well done satire. Extreme satire, but that is what it is. Been taking shots at every president or candidate of note for how long now? the o isn't immune and his wife is ON TAPE and VIDEO saying some pretty nasty things...you put yourself out there you are a target.
    rettmom5

Answer by rettmom5 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• well even though it is a satire i still kinda take offense because to me that is implying that everyone who is muslim or has a name that sounds like it comes from the islam religion is a terrorist. and that's too far, but youre right, the new yorker does make fun of everyone, but still, that can offend a lot of people.
    sweetandpetite1

Answer by sweetandpetite1 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• beyond offensive! disgusting too.
    Anonymous

• they weren't taking a shot at Obama, the were taking a shot at his detractors
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2008

• I personally found it offensive - I realize that it was being satirical - but who needs that right now!!!
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• BIG WOOP! Just cause he is black( of mixed race) he shouldn't get made fun of?? WTF? Politicians get made fun of ALL THE TIME!! DANG! They have been doing political satire cartoons since before American was even discovered. Half the freakin' fun of politics is making fun of the other guy. Give me a break. All the PC BS kills me.
    Jordys_mommy

Answer by Jordys_mommy at 1:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2008