just gave birth almost 2 weeks now and im having this ups and downs emotions specially when my husband left me for his job.what can i do to stop being sad and stop crying all the time

josie09

Asked by josie09 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's your hormones going wacky. I don't really think you can do anything. Just talk to your friend and family and thats what seem to help me. If it's really bad your doctor could probably give you something for it.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Make sure you have help with the baby when you need it. It is hard when they go back to work and you should have someone there to help you.
    nellie401

Answer by nellie401 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Definitely talk to your hubby and tell him your hormones are getting out of whack so you could use some extra support, Even if it's just a phone call to during the day, offering to take the baby when he gets home etc..

Get some help from family. If possible get some fresh air, walk, drink lots of water. Take a nap when you can, put on a good movie while feeding the baby....

If you think it's more then just normal hormone adjustment, speak to your OB or doctor.

Hope that helps.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh boy do I know how you feel. A few weeks after our son was born, my husband volunteered to work in Atlanta (we live in Columbus, Ohio) for a month. I cried all the time. Now I know it was my hormones.

There is really nothing you can do except try to get your mind off of it. Try to appreciate time with the baby. But undoubtedly, you're going to cry. Just let yourself get it out. If it gets to the point where your feelings for your baby are affected, you should really contact your doctor, as it might be postpartum depression rather than just baby blues.
    shawnaquijada

Answer by shawnaquijada at 11:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Aww I totally understand how you feel. When I first brought my baby home, I cried every time my hubby left for work. I felt horribly sad and lonely and the feeling was overwhelming. What I CAN tell you is that it will get better with a little more time. When you get the hang of things and actually start to enjoy the time with your baby. It took me about 3 weeks to a month but I am sooo happy that I don't have to go through that anymore. I hope you feel better very soon!! Oh and what I noticed made me feel better was making sure we actually do go out sometimes. Nobody could watch our baby for us so I'd just go to the grocery store and walk around and maybe shop, but it made me feel better than staying at home crying.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 12:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have post partum depression... I have it under control now but it was REALLY hard for awhile. It didn't hit my right away either.. it was like 5months postpartum we had some crap go down in our family but I couldn't help because so much was goin gon with my little guy at the time.. I just felt so hopeless and alone in it all... I'd sit up and cry all night because the depression was making ity so I couldn't sleep....

If you are feeling this way and talking and excersize isn't helping go to your ob you might nbeed something to help you through...its okay...its hard adjusting to life as a mom...
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 12:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I SO UNDERSTAND YOU! I gave birth on christmas to my beautiful baby boy and every since I came home from the hospital I feel lonely and miserable! I've been crying everyday espacially when my hubby goes to work or calls me to see how we doing, I know its something you can't stop yourself... But just try to ask yourself what makes you feel that way? I've figured out that the reason I was always stressed, was becouse I was constantly worried that if im doing the right thing with the baby and i couldnt even take a nap becouse i was afraid I wouldnt hear him if he wakes up...
    continiued>>>
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• so after i relized my stress lever was way up^ I asked my mom to take few days off and stay with he. It helped a lot! She made get out of the house go to a store or go see a movie, and just taking a walk made me fell so much better. and being away from my baby made me understand how much I wanna be there every min to wach him grow, becouse it seems like he is getting bigger already!( and he's only 2 weeks old:)
    So tell your hubby how you feel, and ask for help who ever is available... but you have to over come that yourself:) Good luck! and dont cry! ( cuz god! crying made me look funy)
    Albi1623

• Hi, I gave birth in the spring, and I was so elated, then I decide to walk to the mail box, just a few distance away, and this Incrediable wave of injustice to children, and poor families that can't have any kids, and I was a wreck, I couldn't stop crying, I so had the baby blues... and it came and it went, and about 2 weeks I was fine, the hormone levels leveled out, my boobs were back to normal, I took naps, and LET FAMILY HELP ME. If people offer to help LET THEM! I'm sure their is someone just waiting to help you, I was the I can do it all queen, but having a baby , emotionally.
    and physically drained me, also don't feel guilty if you need a break, it will give you a welcoming sense of bonding with your family, husband too.
    cutmylosses

Answer by cutmylosses at 6:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009