going to work, from breast to bottle...

i've tried to give him bottles in the past, and he doesnt like them. i've tried born free soothie dr brown. nothing i guess is like the boob... but i've got to get him to take something.... ive only got 1 1/2 months to figure this out. what do i do, he refuses the bottle. by the way he's 5months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when i switched my son from breast to bottle i had to get someone else to feed him. he didn't want a bottle from me for the first month, but after he got accustomed to dad feeding him with a bottle it didn't really matter to him.

i was really worried about it at first, but if he's REALLY hungry he's going to eat what he can, regardless of where it's coming from

hope that helps =]
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 11:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Check THESE out...Also, I used Avent for my son when I went back to work.  Also, the Playtex Drop-In system with the latex nipple really worked for him

Good luck!

ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Your baby is not stupid.

He knows "You are Mom. You have boobs. That's how you feed me. Duh."

Have Daddy or Grandma/pa or Auntie or someone else offer the bottle of second-hand MamaMilk!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I tried a little chocolate syrup, very little in a platex nurser, he loved it 5 months old and boy was I stressing out, it worked, my hubby was of little help to me, he had given up, so sometimes I think it depends also on your support system, if no one can feed him then you should stay home, and be supported that way, my husband sure learned how.
    Anonymous