Im 2 months late on my period im gaining weight my moods and eating habbits have changed. I took a test and it was negative but ive always weighted my normal weight now im 20 ilbs bigger and showing am i pregnant?

stacyslilbaby

Asked by stacyslilbaby at 11:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would make a doctor's appointment. Those test aren't always right and if your not pregnant than there's still something probably medically wrong.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• u dnt gain or should i say shouldnt gain 20 lbs in the first two months of pregnancy - first of all.
    second of all... if u were pregnant after being two months late - it wuld show in a test - wether it be an at home test or a test from ur doctor.... best bet is that u shuld sched an apt. with ur obgyn and talk to them about it....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'd have to agree with the previous answers.... You definitely should schedule a doctor's appointment. Have them do blood work to test for pregnancy, and they should probably test your thyroid then, too. If your period is always regular, then sure, you might be pregnant, but like kwiseman said, you really shouldn't have gained 20 pounds in 2 months just because of pregnancy. If the weight gain seems to have happened without some major overeating, you may be having thyroid problems. Your doctor will help you sort it all out. Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• if u were pregnant after being two months late - it wuld show in a test - wether it be an at home test or a test from ur doctor....

WRONG!!! WRONG WRONG

Actually it might not show on urine test. My sister was 4 almost 5 months pregnant before her hormone levels were high enough to show. And she worked at a hospital. She did not know she was preggo till they did blood work.

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• When i first missed my period I took a regular test and it showed up negative...The next day I went and got a digital test and it was positive. So if you didn't use a digital test try that. But then again I had only missed my period once so you may not be pregnant. By the way I didn't start gaining weight until I was like four months pregnant. My due date is Feb. 10 09 and I have gained 30 pds. So don't freak out because of that. I would call your doctor. Good Luck!!
    Coralee42

Answer by Coralee42 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• iits very rare to NOT have it show in a test.... MAYBE ur like her sister n it hasnt shown up yet..... make an apt... thats ur only option.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• id make a apt with your dr sometimes peoples dont get a postive result from home tests it happens alot actually.
    However i do have to agree you shouldnt have gained 20lbs in the first two months of being pregnant so there might be something else wrong.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Everyones right you should make an appointment :) I gained about 22 lbs during my first 2 months, and mine also didn't show up on a home test, so you could most likely be pregnant but just incase I would go anyways! Hope that helps!
    Aidensmommy2be

Answer by Aidensmommy2be at 11:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would doubt that you're showing at 2 months and it's not normal to gain 20 lbs the first month. You should make a doctor's appointment
    Anonymous

• get a blood test. I am nearly 6 months preg with my 3rd and i got negative home tests with all of them. blood tests are cut and dry. you would tecniquly not be showing at 2 months the baby and uterus (cant spell today at all) are stil very small at that point. if you have put on 20lbs in 2 months prego or not you need to talk to the doc. take care and less us know if you get a blood test.
    electricblue

Answer by electricblue at 1:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009