Ciatic Pain?

I'm about 15 weeks pregnant with twins and lately I've been feeling slight pain / kind of out of alignment feeling in my lower left side back/upper butt. Is this the ciatic nerve thing I've heard about? Have any of you experienced this and if so, how soon? I thought it maybe started a little later. Thanks!

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 11:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well first off yes its sounds like ciatic nerve pain and yes it hurts ehh. Mine started here about 2 weeks ago and im 24 weeks. But remember you are carring two babies so its possible that its going to starte earlier after all two babies take up more room then one. congrats on the twins and good luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Sounds like it. I go to the chiropractor every 2 weeks now. When I first got pregnant I went once a month, but with my back problems waiting longer hurt more. It is really a wonderful relief and safe while pregnant.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If it was your ciatic you would be experiencing numbness in one or both or your legs. I ruptured a disk in my back last year and it was pressing on my ciatic and caused permanent nerve damage in my toes. I think you are experiencing the regular aces and pains that go along with pregnancy. If you are not experiencing severe shooting pains down your legs and numbness in your feet and toes, it's not your ciatic. The ciatic nerve affects the legs not your back. I do know what I am talking about here I promise, I was in and out of MANY neurosurgeons offices before I finally had surgery and that is what every one of them told me.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2009