Teething???

My 3 1/2 month old is extra cranky, won't sleep, won't eat much, and is biting down on my finger - I assume that he is teething. How long before the tooth usualy pops through? I don't see any signs of a tooth coming in, but with all the extra drool, and the biting on fingers, I assume he is teething. When will this be over?

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 11:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter had those symptoms at 3 months and got her first tooth at 10 months !
    It could be weeks or months ,good luck.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• That's actually a normal state of development and he might not actually be teething. My 5 month old has been showing those signs since 3 months and has no teeth.
    RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 11:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• He seems like he is in so much pain, and the only way I can get him to sleep is tylenol, if it is going to be months before the tooth comes in I need to stop the tylenol, but he is hurting.
    expectoct

Answer by expectoct at 11:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• there are homeopathic tablets called Hyland and they are great for realliving pain in teething.  My local target sales them. Buy your son some teething toys, I actually would but a damp washcloth in the freezer and my kids loved chewing on it. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009