weight gain during pregnancy?

So im 24weeks and iv gained 10lbs i feel like a fatty lol considering iv got like 16weeks left and will probably put on another freakin 20lbs i started off underweight so iv been advised to gain alittle extra. Its worked out for me LOL.
How much weight did you gain by 6months and in the end how much did you gain?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im 27weeks pregnant and i have gained 15 lbs.... yeh im a fatty ughh... but my doc said im at a healthy gain and that im fine.... but weight gain sucks!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I am in the same boat as you. I started out 10 lbs. underweight and at 30 wks, have already gained about 24 lbs.! In the beginning, I gained a lot and did so intentionally because I heard that women in a normal, healthy weight range get pregnant more easily, so I gained about 5 lbs. before conceiving. My OB told me I'd gain about 35-40 lbs. It sux and I feel like I"m carrying so much weight around, but even in months when I eat very light, healthy foods and control myself, I still find that I'm gaining about 1 lb. every two weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I gained the most with my first but with all 5 only gained around 10 lbs by the time I was 6 mths along. After that I gained most of my weight. With my first I gained 50 lbs, second 32 lbs, third 30 lbs, 4th I gained 21 lbs and 5th I gained 23 lbs by the time I had them.

Answer by gemgem at 11:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• you have nothing to worry about i gained 65 lbs! lol i ate alot of ice cream!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm 25 weeks and have gained 3 pounds. I'm on a strict diet for GD and it helps to keep me from gaining to much weight since I'm overweight to begin with. I only gained 16 pounds with my 1st pregnancy.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• so far i gained about 30 lb and i still have 7 weeks
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I gained 50 -- 15 in the last 2 weeks and I had the baby at 37 weeks. I lost everything but five within the first few weeks. A lot of it is fluid! Don't worry about the weight gain and enjoy this time as much as you can!
    Anonymous

• I gained 25 lbs so far. I'm 34 weeks I started at 115 lbs
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 12:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I've gained 40 and I'm 35 weeks as of today....people I know gained more than me but lost it after they had their baby.....so I'm hoping I'll lose it as well. I heard breast feeding helps....you'll lose 800 cal per day.
    Anonymous

• I am pregnant with my 3rd baby, I am 16 wks and have gained 10 ibs. Each woman's body responds to pregnancy differently, the most important thing is the health and growth of the baby. I have found that it is better to worry about weight afterwards.
    Anonymous