What would be a good family game to play with children of a wide age-span that would also force them to interract?

My new partner and I are trying to work toward integrating our families. I have four children at home (ages 6,10,13,17), and he has one daughter (15) left at home. His daughter is very shy, and doesn't feel like part of the "group", and my kids just think she doesn't like them, because she tries to avoid them. Our daughters seem to get along well outside the family environment, we just need a way to give them all something in common, so they start interacting all together. Game suggestions would be a good start, since most of the activities we all have in common are outdoor, fair weather type. Please keep in mind three of the kids are teens, and when we suggested family dinners together, and family game night, we got 3 pairs of rolling eyes, and a universal groan of agony. Any fun suggestions other than TV or movies?

hippiecrit

Asked by hippiecrit at 11:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• We like the game pictureka. It's pretty simple and I think the starting age is 6yrs. old. but even our 3 yr old can participate a little.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh... and Balderdash can be very hilarious too.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Clue, Monopoly, Life or some type of Charades game. This is a great idea ~ I hope it brings you all closer together : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Charades and Twister. Another one, I know it involves a TV but our family had a Wii Bowling Tournament one night as part of our family game night. I am very anti-video game but I had a lot of fun doing this as well.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Since it is winter our family (and I have 3 teens lol) usually play video games like Guitar Hero World Tour. You can get the guitar, drums and mic and play as a family. My kids have a ball with it. Rock band is also another one but we havent played that so I cant give you an idea or anything but i hear its the same basic idea. You can also arrange shopping trips with the girls that always seems like a bonding exp.

Answer by gemgem at 11:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Clue would be a little difficult for the 6 yr old, my 7 & 5 yr olds struggle with it. We play Uno, Yatzee, Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Monopoly, Checkers, Operation. I also have, and I don't know if they still sell this one, Wheel of Fortune that my kids are dying to play but I don't think they're quite ready for. We do family game night every Sunday evening, and frequently play a game or two other nights of the week, when school is out.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Cadoo. It is from the makers of cranium. It is designed for 7 and up, but if your 6 year old has some help with the reading, it shouldn't be too hard. We just bought it for Christmas and we all loved it, the whole family. You can act and draw and sculpt and answer trivia questions. It is a really cool game. It is a 4 player game, but also is played easily in teams. Or maybe you could consider jigsaw puzzles.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Scatgories is a fun interactive game. My kids also like Sorry, trouble, uno. Anything thats challenging.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 1:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• wii?
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Wizardology is a fun game. I play it with my boys at home. It's challenging and it will keep them occupied for hours.

Good luck!
    TheEmpress78

Answer by TheEmpress78 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2009