How can I get my 18 month old to drink milk?

My son use to LOVE drinking milk its all he ever really wanted. Well he got a cold and wouldnt drink it and I was worried about keeping him hydrated so I let him drink juice and flavored water and stuff like that and now that he's better he wont drink milk. He takes a drink, shakes his head and hands me the cup back. no more questions asked. :( I've tried putting chocolate in it.....Ithink he hates that worse then regular milk. Any suggestions?

Manda_62007

Asked by Manda_62007 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We did banana milk and strawberry. The doc even said it was ok if it helped him drink the milk. Now he drinks it plain or with flavor. Good Luck, maybe it is just a phase. We also added more cheese and yogurt until we were on the milk train.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• my son only will drink chocolate milk
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 1:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had the same problem with my daughter. She would only drink flavor water for the longest time. I ended ug giving her strawberry milk for a while and now she loves drinking milk again.
    Kim71787

Answer by Kim71787 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My husband thinks it's because we get the organic kind, and maybe it tastes different. I'm just not sure I want to give her the regular stuff with hormones and pesticides in it!
    mrsflum

Answer by mrsflum at 2:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Just keep offering him milk and milk only. He'll get thirsty enough and will drink the milk. If for some reason he doesn't drink the milk, then offer plain water so that he can hydrate in a healthy way.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My son CRAVES milk lol. He didnt always though. We went through a few months where he hated milk, about three months. It was a phase, and this may be the case for your son as well. Ask your doctor for a vitiman in the mean time ( my doc gave us one), its a liquid and easy to give and you wont have to worry about your son not drinking milk. Good luck to you!
    Mother2oneboy

Answer by Mother2oneboy at 10:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2009